Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair New York
Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc. is Central New York's trusted full service basement waterproofing and foundation repair contractor. With experience dating back to the early 80's, you can have the confidence that we know what it takes to make sure your home or business remains safe, dry, stable, and protected. Our entire team is dedicated to care for customers like family from start to finish by providing excellent customer service, free inspections and fair estimates on work that needs to be done. Using only quality products that have proven to secure the worst structural damage or waterproofing issues, you can rest assured that the work we complete will be guaranteed for years to come.
- Interior and exterior drainage systems
- Basement waterproofing
- Sump pump systems
- Concrete repair
- Crawl space encapsulation
- Foundation/structural repair
- Shotcrete installation
Midstate Basement Authorities is a family owned and operated business, we take pride in all work we perform and offer the highest level of professionalism. Our team is fully equipped to handle any size job, residential or commercial, we are insured and offer quality and affordable solutions. Call us today for a free inspection or estimate on the job you need completed.
Every year thousands of homes suffer from water related issues including flooding, moisture, mold and mildew. Wet basements and crawl spaces can be a huge problem for homeowners. Exposure to these issues are not only harmful to the value the foundation of your home, but harmful to the health of you and your family. We can provide many solutions to give you the peace of mind you need.
Your foundation plays a crucial role in the overall value, support and security of your home. Bowing walls, settlement, cracks, uneven floors and windows, and faulty doors are just a few of the many other warning signs. Trust in our team before these signs turn from annoyances to serious problems or take advantage of their free structural inspections.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
The crawl space of a home does not need to look like a frightening scene. Our experts specialize in crawl space repair and encapsulation services to not only improve the space aesthetically but to provide a waterproof barrier to avoid mold and mildew.
Wall Crack Repair
Cracks in your basement or foundation walls are indicators of other problems. Some can be serious, others cannot, but they all could benefit from being repaired. It is important to have the cracks evaluated by a professional before an existing problem worsens and repairs become much more expensive.
Bowed Wall Repair
Because your basement walls are an important part of your foundation, it is important to have a bowed or buckling wall repaired before it collapses. While these problems may seem large at first, specialized equipment and trained professionals can help you repair your bowing walls quickly and safely so you can restore your home's structural integrity.
Cracked, sinking, and broken concrete slabs on your property are an eyesore and can be dangerous. We offer concrete repair services both to lift and level slabs as well as patching crumbling concrete. Don't let your driveway, patio, sidewalk, or porch continue to be a problem on your property. We can quickly and safely repair any concrete you've got.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are a handful of the questions we are regularly asked about our home repair services. TapClick on the questions to view the answers.
- What is the best way to a waterproof basement?
- It all depends on your particular situation. We tailor each of our services to fit your specific needs. We have extremely experienced Project Managers that will visit your home, inspect, and discuss any and all available basement waterproofing solutions with you.
- How does water enter my basement?
- Water can get in any number of ways: Over the top of the foundation wall, through a cavity in your walls, or from under the floor are all common scenarios. Our Projects Managers are trained to examine all possible angles to make this sure this problem is solved for good.
- Should I extend my downspouts and have my yard slope away from my home?
- Directing water away from your home is a good idea. However, relying on that alone is not a realistic solution. There’s often much more to it when it comes to basement leaks.
- How do I know if I should be concerned about the structural integrity of my house?
- Your senses are the easiest tools to use for determining if your house is in need of structural repair. Pay attention to doors or windows that are becoming increasingly harder to open or close. Also, keep an eye out for cracks or other warning signs. If you are noticing any of those things, you should have a Project Manager come visit.
- I have a crack in my foundation wall. Does that need to be repaired?
- There isn’t a single crack that doesn’t have the potential for water seepage. Water will cause erosion in the crack to further weaken your foundation. Your best bet would be to fix any crack as quickly as possible.
- I have noticed a musty smell in my upstairs living space. Could my damp basement or crawl space be contributing to that?
- Definitely. In fact, a large portion of the air in your living space comes from your basement or crawl space, which could be causing the smell. The cause of that smell can also lead to increased allergy symptoms as well as many other respiratory issues. Our Project Managers are dedicated to suggesting the most appropriate dehumidification system to handle this issue.
- What is the powder that I see on my foundation walls?
- That’s called Efflorescence. It’s a key indicator that there are humidity problems in your basement.