Sales Consultant / Estimator
Midstate Basement Authorities, Inc. in Newfield, NY is expanding and looking to hire a qualified Sales Consultant to join their team. The individual selected must be sales driven with a strong knowledge of construction, concrete, homes and waterproofing and be motivated and interested in career advancement within the sales team. Estimating or equivalent experience, strong math, computer skills, and excellent written & verbal communication skills are highly preferred. This person will be the first to be face to face with our clients, so someone that is outgoing, personable and will take care of each client like they are family are a must.
- Work closely with Sales Manager on acquired leads, customer satisfaction and estimates
- Travel within coverage area (70 mile radius of Ithaca, NY) to scheduled estimate appointments (there is no cold calling)
- Estimate Appointments: Visit potential clients in the field, discuss project scope with clients or options to take care of their problems, take copious notes, pictures, etc.
- Create Project Estimate: accurate and feasible cost of goods estimate created for each project
- Contracts: write project contracts, incorporating the cost of goods estimate and all aspects of design, to complete sale of a project
- Impressions: Making the best first impression of prospective clients, generate excitement for the project, and confidence in our abilities to exceed their expectations
- Residential and commercial projects, large and small.
- Previous experience in sales and practical estimating (5 years preferred)
- Knowledge in general construction, concrete, foundations and basements
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Reliable with strong work ethics, self motivator and well organized
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work year-round, full-time and overtime when needed
- Computer knowledge (experience with One Click Contractor estimating platform is a plus)
- Reliable transportation, valid NYS DL
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
We provide an environment that challenges, motivates and rewards excellence. We offer extensive training as well as a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, which includes:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation based on overall sales - earning potential based on commission up to $100K.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Holiday pay