A sturdy, level foundation is one of the most important parts of any building. If you've noticed that you've got a sinking or settling foundation, either from the appearance of wall cracks or even a crumbling foundation, it is important to consult with an expert much sooner than later. This is because there are very few foundation problems that do not get worse over time and none of them will resolve themselves. This means the longer you wait to evaluate the problem and start working on a repair, the more damage that can be caused and potentially more expensive of a repair. When you need prompt and affordable foundation repair services, trust the team at Midstate Basement Authorities to get the job done. Whether your foundation is made from poured concrete, concrete blocks, or even hand-laid stone, we can provide you with a repair solution that fits your project.
While the specific cause of most foundation problems is relatively varied, the impact is the same for nearly every situation. The foundation is sinking and causing problems with the building above. Whether these problems are doors and windows that are stuck or difficult to open or close, large visible cracks in the foundation, or even a crumbling brick or stone foundation, our team has the experience to properly evaluate the problem and come up with a permanent solution.
When a foundation is sinking or settling, it means the soil is not able to properly support the weight of the structure. In order to permanently repair this, we use a system of foundation piers. These piers are attached to the footing of your foundation and driven through the soil down to bedrock. Once we reach bedrock, we slowly raise all of the piers at once until the entire building is properly leveled. This is a permanent fix and these piers are strong enough to prevent your home from sinking or settling in the future.
Some foundations, including stone, are found to have significant structural issues which can not be easily repaired with other common methods. These types of foundations can be repaired and reinforced with shotcrete. Shotcrete is a high velocity spray of concrete that creates an excellent bond with most substrates, has instant or rapid installation capabilities, and is particularly useful when being applied to complex forms or shapes. Superior hardening properties, extreme strength, low permeability and high durability are some of the benefits to a shotcrete wall. Best for new construction, repair or restoration of existing foundations, and architectural or landscape wall reinforcement.
Why Repair Foundations?
Your foundation is one of the most important parts of your home or building. Since it supports the entire structure, it is critical that it is in the best possible condition. Are you about to embark on a new construction project? The foundation will play an important role in the process. So if you’re in need of a strong, durable concrete foundation, come to us. We have the tools and skills to provide reliable concrete foundation services for home and commercial structures alike. No matter the scope of your project, we’ll help you get it started on the right foot.
Excellent Workmanship and Service
At Midstate Basement Authorities, we take pride in the work we do. When you hire us for concrete foundation laying, you’ll get to work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team. We make it our business to use only high-quality materials for every job we undertake; and we keep our rates reasonable and affordable.
Our seasoned team of contractors in Ithaca, NY is equipped to handle all types of foundation repairs. No matter the extent of the damage, we’re confident that we can get it fixed quickly and effectively. We pride ourselves on our top-notch customer service, industry knowledge, and quality workmanship. And we go out of our way to keep our repair rates reasonable and affordable. If you have any type of foundation problem, please contact us and a member of our team will inspect your foundation for free and come up with a repair solution.
Keep your home in top condition by taking care of your foundation. If you suspect that you’re having foundation problems, we can help you. We’re an experienced company offering multiple services, including waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation.
Our company offers flexible appointments and convenient scheduling options. Our goal is to create high-quality work that will last as long as your home. We’re focused on customer satisfaction, and we hope that you’ll trust us with all of your foundation and waterproofing needs. We also help you save money with our:
- Financing options
- Free estimates and inspections
When you have foundation problems in the Ithaca, NY area you can trust our experienced crews for excellent service and prompt project completion. Our punctual professionals will treat your home with respect, and we’re looking forward to helping you get your foundation back in order.
Frequently Asked Foundation Repair Questions
- What is the best foundation repair method?
- Depending on the damage to the foundation, there are a number of different possible repairs that could be used. If the foundation is sinking or settling into the ground, a system of foundation piers can be used to stabilize the foundation and prevent it from sinking any further. If the foundation is crumbling, which happens often to stone or masonry foundations in the northeastern United States, there are two main options available: replacement or repair. Foundation replacement can be an expensive and exhaustive process and is not recommended in most situations. Repairing a crumbling foundation, when the home is not sinking, can be done through the use of adding reinforcing forms and applying sprayed concrete to the forms which will not only add strength and stability to the wall, it will improve the overall look of the wall as well.
- What are the signs of a bad foundation?
- There are a number of signs that a foundation is having problems. These include visible cracks in the foundation, actual damage to the foundation such as crumbling and pieces falling off, cracks in the drywall around doors and window openings, and doors and windows sticking when they are opened or closed.
- What happens after foundation repair?
- After the foundation repair work has been completed, it is important to monitor the state of the foundation for the next 6-12 months to ensure there are not any additional settling issues but most foundation repair solutions are relatively permanent if completed correctly.
- How does foundation repair work?
- This is dependent on what the work being completed is. If cracks are being filled, the work is focused on preparing the cracked foundation and correctly filling the cracks with epoxy and ensuring it completely fills the cracked area. If carbon fiber straps are being applied, the work includes preparing the cracked surface, applying the carbon fiber sections, saturating them with epoxy, and monitoring the carbon / epoxy bond while the epoxy cures. If a concrete block, brick, or stone wall is being covered with sprayed concrete, the work includes setting up a form in front of the wall and using a high velocity sprayer to apply concrete to the the wall at the appropriate thickness to create a new face and add structural stability to the wall.
- Should I repair or replace my foundation?
- Depending on the state of the foundation, you may need to either repair or completely replace it. Nearly all damage to foundations can be corrected with specific repair solutions, whether that is crack repair, wall anchors to pull bowing walls back in, pier installation to lift and level an sinking foundation, or application of carbon fiber straps to add strength and stability to the walls. In less than 1% of foundation damages, if the damage has gone on too long or is a catastrophic situation where the home is in immediate danger of collapsing, this is the only time we would recommend foundation replacement. This is only a last option as it is time consuming, inconvenient, and expensive.
- How much does it cost to fix my foundation?
- The cost of foundation repair will depend on the severity of the damage and what the best possible repair solution is. Nearly all situations where a foundation has been damaged can be repaired with the installation of piers, carbon fiber straps, epoxy injections, or spray concrete application.